Applications are invited from Pakistan/ AJK Nationals for award of PhD, and MS scholarships. The selection of the candidates will be made purely on merit. Likewise considering their academic achievements and their aggregate marks in HEC HAT test. Similarly the scholarship awardee will be required to serve University of Baltistan Skardu (UOBS) as a faculty member. Hence for the period of minimum 5-years after the completion of their MS and PhD. Degrees.
|Scholarship Location||Skardu, Gilgit Baltistan|
|Published Date||30th April, 2020|
|Last Date||30th May, 2020|
- GIS and Remote Sensing
- Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Computer Science
- Business Management
- English Linguistics/ Literature
Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
For MS Scholarships:
Pakistan/AJK Nationals only. Furthermore Must have 60% marks or CGPA 2.50 out of 4.0 in the final degrees and with no 3rd division in the entire academic career for the MS scholarships.
For Phd Scholarships:
Similarly, Must have minimum CGPA 3.0 out of 4.0 in the semester system) or first division (in the annual system) in MS/MPhil Equivalent degree (18 years education) with no 3rd division in the entire academic career for the PhD. scholarships.
Hence, Maximum age at the closing date for MS Scholarship is 35 years for candidates working in Government Organizations. Similarly, 30 years for fresh candidates. Moreover, Maximum age at the closing date of advertisement for PhD is 40 years. Similarly For candidates working in Government Organizations and 35 years for fresh candidates.
The candidates must have acquired requisite qualification before the closing date of application. Candidates must obtain minimum 50 marks in HEC aptitude test (HAT). Moreover, The candidates who are already availing any other scholarships are not eligible to apply. The candidates shall required to allow the formalities as HEC FDP guidelines/regulations before leaving for higher studies abroad.
The candidates are required to submit application on the prescribed form available at the University website or the Registrars office. The following documents are required to submitted along with the application form.
- Attested copies of all educational testimonials.
- Copy of domicile certificate (Attested).
- Attested copy of CNIC (National ID card).
- A detailed CV/resume.
- Two recent passport size photographs.
- Pay order/bank demand draft worth Rs. 1000/- (non-refundable) in favor of University of Baltistan Skardu as a processing fee.
- Candidates who are already serving in Government/Semi-Government Organizations should apply through proper channel having NOC form the current employer.
- All scholarships will awarded on the basis of open merit.
- In Addition Candidates must have a final degree in the relevant field advertised slot.
- Likewise HEC aptitude test (HAT) will be arranged and conducted by HEC for eligible applicants.
- Similarly, Candidates will have to seek admission in top 350 foreign universities of the world (OS ranking) by fulfilling admission requirements of host university.
- Moreover, The applicants are required to indicate the disciplines of the scholarship program On the envelope.
- Hence, Only short listed candidates will called for test/interviews.
- Furthermore, Candidates will only allowed to secure admission in those international universities/countries with whom HEC has signed MOU/agreements.
- After provisional selection, the final grant of the scholarship be subject to the confirmation of admission of the candidate in the foreign university and of codal formalities (i.e. deed of agreement etc.) as per HEC guidelines.
- Awardees have to execute a bond to serve in UOBS for a minimum period of five years after successful completion their MS and PhD. degrees. No request will entertained in any case to change the service status/job from the University of Baltistan to any other institution during the bond period.
- Similarly, UOBS reserves the right to select or reject application on the basis of selection criteria approved by HEC Scholarship Management Committee (HSMC).
- In case of any omission/misrepresentation, UoBS reserves the right to reject the application at my stage.
Hence, The candidates are required to submit application on the prescribed form available at the University website or the Registrars office.